Sunday 14 May 2017

AAA CAS Cards Challenge #90

Hello there friends, another fortnight has zipped by and it's time for another challenge over at AAA CAS Cards. The theme for this one is EMBOSSING and I've a bit of a two-fer for you today.

Our sponsor for this challenge is Happy Little Stampers so it seemed only right that I use their products for this one. I started out by creating a background using the Mix Mash set with Altenew Inks (my favourite inks right now). For the first card I've placed a piece of my BG behind 2 popped up die-cut sections using Lawn Fawn Stitched Scalloped border dies which were dry-embossed too. I've then heat-embossed the butterfly from Butterfly Birthday and the sentiment from Doodled Flowers.


The second card is mega simple; just using another piece of the BG created for the first one and popped up on 3d foam with a heat-embossed sentiment from Happy Little Stampers and some gems to finish.


The challenge over at Simon Says Stamp - Wednesday is 'Going Dotty' so as the Mix Mash set includes lots of 'Dots' I'm going to try my chances there with this one and I'd also like to pop across to Addicted to Stamps and More where it's an Anything Goes week.




As always there's plenty more super CAS creations by my fellow teamies, with links to their blogs on the AAA Cards blog HERE

We are also joined by Deidre of Eyes Wide Open Arts, a previous winner of our challenges, who is Guest Designing for this one. Do pop along and visit her blog and leave a friendly word and some love - I'm sure she'll appreciate it.

Thanks for calling by my blog today and I hope you feel inspired to play along with us!



Sarah

12 comments:

  1. Two beauties Sarah! Love the beautiful pastel colours and the double bonus of two cards.

    ReplyDelete
  2. These are both just beautiful! I love how you made your own background paper.

    ReplyDelete
  3. These are fantastic, I love the pastel colors with gold, so pretty!

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a gorgeous pair of cards Sarah, and I particularly love the first one - a truly stylish and classy design! Hope you are well.
    Thanks for sharing with us at ATSM, and I hope you will join us again soon.
    Hugs
    Carol x

    ReplyDelete
  5. Sp pretty...Loving the colour combinations and the layouts are fabulous x

    ReplyDelete
  6. WOW!! I adore that you made TWO cards for this challenge!! I love the first one with the little window between the scallops. The second is fabulous with just the clean and simple design.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh wow these are both so pretty, gorgeous gorgeous colours and love the design.
    Thank you for sharing with us at Simon Says Stamp Wednesday Challenge x

    ReplyDelete
  8. Sarah these are GORGEOUS! I love the colors you chose and the gold embossing looks wonderful with them. Great designs.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Fabulous! I love the gold embossing with the light pastel colours. Just lovely!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Both the cards are gorgeous. Love the soft, elegant colors. Thanks for joining us at ATSM. All the very best and hope to see you soon. Nandini, DT

    ReplyDelete
  11. Sarah, these are absolutely lovely cards with a wonderful mix of soft colors and gold embossing! Thanks for the opportunity to guest design with you all this challenge :)

    ReplyDelete
  12. Beautiful cards Sarah, love the subtle stamping using the mix mash set!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to comment!
In line with new Data Protection legislation (GDPR) by commenting you do so in the knowledge that your name & comment are visible to all who visit this blog and thereby consent to the use of that personal information for that specific purpose.